Strategy games reduced to 90%, MSI GL65 Leopard for 500 euros less and more deals on hunting bargains
We started the week with the little hangover from the events of Sony and Nintendo, both with some other interesting announcements, if not the bombs that some optimistic users were expecting; we, on the other hand, carry on with our usual reports, such as the one our colleague reports Daniel Funes recently wrote a reading recommendation to help you understand the true fan phenomenon that often forms around photo mode in our video games. In any case, we gathered here today to talk about our bargains for the week, so why don’t we start?
Deals on gamer accessories
We begin this text with our usual section on accessories and peripherals for gaming; Some of this week’s sales are “hidden” behind a coupon or discount in the pre-purchase basket, so we urge you to follow our instructions.
- AUKEY Knight Mouse for 24.99 euros (original price 34.99 euros). A simple mouse with a comfortable form factor for lots of grips, multiple buttons that are software configurable, and a decent sensor: the PMW 3325; For its current price, it’s a great option that even lags a bit behind other models that are a bit higher.
- Creative Labs Pebble desktop speakers for 19.49 euros (original price 21.99 euros). A very slight downgrade for some desktop speakers that we consider to be quite affordable in and of themselves. These pebbles don’t have the depth, definition, or sonority of more affluent models, but they do look great and have enough power and richness to replace almost all of the speakers found in many monitors.
- Marantz Professional Umpire USB microphone for 48 euros (original price 59.99 euros). Not bad at the price we can currently find this Marantz USB microphone designed for live vocal recording, but that works well in more scenarios. Their only weak point for the price they have now is their support, which isn’t particularly comfortable when playing on its own and only allows us to place them in one position unless we acquire an independent arm.
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7B headphones for 169 euros (original price 249 euros). They don’t share the same sound profile virtues as models like the ATH-50X from the same brand, but at their current price they are a great option for multimedia and active listening, especially at their current price.
- Krom Kam 1080P webcam for 24.90 euros (original price 29.90 euros). A small discount for a successful webcam with a good resolution for its price and good compatibility. There’s not much to highlight, but it seems like a great option for the price.
- Cougar Ranger relax armchair for 149.96 euros (original price 218.95 euros). Its aesthetics may not suit every living room, but if we overlook it, this recliner has a comfortable construction and is surprisingly stable to spend many hours on.
Deals on gaming laptops
This week our notebook area has three very interesting models for us to play with, the first for incorporating the current hardware generation, the second for combining AMD + Nvidia in its components and the third for its price-performance ratio its current downgrade.
- MSI GP66 Leopard (10UE-226XES) for 1,598.89 euros (original price 1,748.90 euros). This is the cheapest we could find for this refreshed MSI model, with one of the new Nvidia RTX 3060s doing the graphics and accompanied by an i7-10750H processor and a good list of components.
- Asus ROG Zephyrus (GA401IV-HE003) for 1,299.95 euros (original price 1,599.95 euros). Although some models can already be found with the new laptop graphics and processors, their low availability makes it difficult to find deals around them; If the model we presented earlier does not convince you and you need relatively thin and powerful equipment, this Zephyrus with an Nvidia RTX 2060 together with an AMD Ryzen 4800HS may be a good option for you.
- MSI GL65 Leopard (10SFSK-280XES) for 1,369.99 euros (original price 1,899.99 euros). This MSI model is currently at a good price, as it contains an RTX 2070 together with an i7-10750H for less than 1,400 euros; It also has 1 TB of SSD storage, 16 GB of RAM, and a 144 Hertz FHD screen.
PlayStation game deals
In the Sony Virtual Store we find an interesting sales promotion for indie titles that has been the imaginative lung of the industry for more than a generation, as well as a campaign that we wanted to focus on this week; although we also find offers that have nothing to do with it.
- Outer Wilds (Digital; PS4) for 14.39 euros (original price 23.99 euros). The Outer Wilds is an intimate gaming experience that deserves to be played by anyone who appreciates titles furthest away from hectic and cinematic action. For the current price it is a buy recommendation.
- Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition (Digital; PS4) for 13.19 euros (original price 21.99 euros). This peculiar work has come a long way to be completed in 2020; For those who like conversational titles, it’s one of the genre’s current references. So if you like them too we recommend you take a look.
- Hollow Knight: Empty Heart Edition (Digital; PS4) for 5.79 euros (original price 14.49 euros). The most successful and popular indie-style Metroidvania of the current scene is out again, this time on PlayStation 4. If you’re a fan of the genre and haven’t played it before, we urge you to do so.
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (Digital; PS4) for 12.49 euros (original price 49.99 euros). As the featured offering from the Sony virtual store this week, we didn’t want to miss out on highlighting this spectacular and intimate indie that we think is immensely worthwhile.
- Godfall (Physical; PS5) for 46.95 euros (original price 74.95 euros). Godfall is still discounted in its physical edition in various stores; While not a lofty title, it features solid gameplay and a spectacular technical section. So if you’re interested, we’ll leave you one of the current offers.
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Ultimate Collector’s Edition (Physical; PS4) for 79.95 euros (original price 119.95 euros). The second part of Pillars is in our eyes a work that is wrongly ignored by the community outside the western RPG genre; With improvements in accessibility over the previous version and more than what already made its predecessor great, it’s a title worth trying out. This is your collector’s edition with all the bonus content and a few extras.
Xbox game offerings
We have a good list of video games on offer in the Microsoft Store, which this week seems to focus primarily on Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed saga; Of everything they offer us and what we found beyond that, this is what we liked best:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Digital) for 26.99 euros (original price 59.99 euros). One of the great late product launches of the last generation that shines with power in its technological succession through the graphic marvel that was and is after its launch; as well as one of the most ambitious works by Rockstar to date. Its slowness and restrictive style can sometimes be off-putting for many players, otherwise it is a good purchase.
- Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection (digital) for 14.99 euros (original price 49.99 euros). This collection from the famous Ubisoft franchise gathers the history of its most emblematic character in the three titles it plays. Now it’s at a very interesting price, especially if you’re late for Assassin’s Creed.
- We. The Revolution (Digital) for 3.99 euros (original price 19.99 euros). This conversational title embodies a judge of the revolutionary tribulant of France in the 18th, all with impeccable aesthetics. Despite some rough edges, for the current price, it’s a nice buy if you like these types of titles.
- Immortals Fenyx Rising Gold Edition (Digital) for 69.99 euros (original price 99.99 euros). The most complete version of this entertaining Ubisoft title is available from the Microsoft Virtual Store. If you like the gameplay of the newest Assassin’s Creed, as well as the exploration formula of Breath of the Wild, this is a great game for you.
- The Evil Within 2 (Digital) for 19.99 euros (original price 39.99 euros). Except perhaps in its general location, The Evil Within 2 improves on each of the sections of its predecessor, expands its world in coherent and interesting ways, and retains many of the good ideas of the first part; If you liked this one, then maybe the second part will too.
- Just Dance 2021 (digital) for 19.79 euros (original price 59.99 euros). The popular dance title is offered on the Microsoft Virtual Store at a very attractive price as long as you are the target audience for this game.
Deals on games for Nintendo Switch
Offers on Nintendo Switch change and usually don’t stay with us too long, so we wanted to use this week to highlight the ones that we’ve had the most interest in. those were…