The best video game deals of the day without VAT from MediaMarkt, with discounts on games, PC gaming and accessories
For those who don’t know, MediaMarkt is in the so-called January this month “Days without VAT” while loading; If we purchase some of the products marked by the shop during this time, the portion corresponding to VAT will be deducted from us when we go to the shopping cart to make the purchase.
During this event, we reviewed some of the items that benefited from the promotion and we found that many of them can be interesting for gamers, That’s why we dared to write this text, in which we highlight some of the articles in this campaign that we liked the most.
Articles from the IT sector
After the categorization by the store, we start with the items that are included in the “Computer Science” category. Since it is terribly diverse, we have sorted each of our highlights according to product type. This is what caught our eye the most:
- Lenovo Legion 5 laptop for 990.85 euros (original price 1,199 euros). Even if the new laptops see the light of day sometime this year, for those who need one now and are looking for a model at a recommended price with good gaming capacity, we can only recommend a few more recommendable than the Legion 5 from Lenovo. This model, similar to the one that appeared in our last bargain hunt, has a Ryzen 7 4800H alongside an RTX 2060 laptop for under $ 1,000 during this promotion.
- Asus Rog Strix G15 laptop for 1,197.45 euros (previously 1,449 euros). For a slightly higher price, also with a discount, we find this notebook from the Asus Strix series. It has an Intel i7-10750H processor, an RTX 2070 responsible for the graphics, and 1TB of SSD storage, a triplet that we find attractive for the price.
- MSI Bravo 15 laptop for 784.25 euros (original price 949 euros). The MSI Bravo seems to us to be an inexpensive gaming notebook that is very attractive under normal conditions, especially when the size is not a big problem for transport. For this reason we would like to highlight the discount that was granted during these promotional days. Most noticeable of all its features is the connection between a Ryzen 4600H processor and an RX 5500M for notebooks, both from AMD.
- HP 24X monitor (23.8 inches) for 180.98 euros (original price 219 euros). At its normal price, this HP monitor seems like the best option to us, since 144 Hz FHD IPS panels are usually around that price, we might even consider it cheap to use G-Sync technology too integrate, which generally makes these models more expensive; However, suggestions like the AOC 24G2 dwarfs it when it comes to value. With the current promotion and the reduced VAT, this model is below the price of the model discussed and is therefore more attractive.
- LG 24MP59G monitor (24 inches) for 106.31 euros (original price 129 euros). If, on the other hand, you are looking for a simpler monitor with an FHD IPS panel without a high refresh rate, a good response time and a different function for playing, we may currently find the LG MP59G, as it is a comfortable 106 euros with reduced VAT and is for this price an excellent monitor.
- Lenovo Legion T5 desktop PC for 825.57 euros (previously 999 euros). Pre-assembled kits have many “asterisks” in terms of value for money compared to a piece-by-piece option, but some simply choose them. If you are one of the latter, we believe that one of the most interesting options in MM today is this Legion T5, a desktop with a suitable processor to play all current titles and an RTX 2060 as a graphics muscle, also more than suitable for all work currently in FHD resolution with high refreshment or QHD with a little retouching. If you do choose to do this, just keep in mind that we’ll be launching the RTX 3060 shortly – although storage issues seem to be the order of the day.
- HP Omen GT11 desktop PC for 825.57 euros (original price 999 euros). On the same line as the previously introduced desktop, but with a slightly smaller size, better processor, and more modest graphics, we have this HP Omen. It can be an interesting proposition as a first team if we don’t have a lot of hardware hands, although we have to keep in mind that we indicated at the end of the previous team. If you are able to put together a team yourself, we recommend doing this as the best alternative.
- Razer Kraken Tournament Edition headphones for 82.63 euros (original price 99.99 euros). Our opinion about Razer headphones has improved over time as their prices have moved in line with industry standards. Of all the models currently available for the three-headed Viper, this Kraken TE is one of the most complete and interesting, both for its own sound and for the additions it contains. Now it’s great value for money thanks to the VAT cut.
- Trust GTX 629 speaker set for 99.16 euros (original price 119.99 euros). This set of Trust speakers shares many similarities with the Woxter Big Bass 260 that we like so much, considering their current price and add-ons, we don’t think it’s a bad price for them.
TV during the day without VAT
We continue with the TV section, from which we were able to salvage one or the other model that caught our attention, two of which are part of our current recommendation list for the new generation of consoles and the third in discord is an excellent option for you.
- LG BX OLED TV (55 inches) for 990.85 euros (previous price 1,199 euros). Almost the same feature box as the LG CX that we love so much, but some of them are trimmed to offer the most affordable OLED from LG’s high-end industry. Includes support for HDMI 2.1, various HDR formats, and other technologies.
- QLED TV Samsung Q60T (65 inches) for 854.57 euros (original price 999 euros). A large model with Samsung’s QLED technology and a multitude of features that make it an excellent option for gaming in our eyes; still with some weaknesses, like the lack of HDMI 2.1, although we see some of its characteristics.
- LG Nano796 LED TV (55 inches) for 577.65 euros (original price 699 euros). We find a housing very similar to its predecessor in this LG model, which has an IPS panel with excellent colorimetry based on Nano-Cells technology and a good list of compatible technologies, most of which compensate for the lack of HDMI 2.1.
Video games and accessories for PlayStation
We have noticed that many titles have benefited from the renowned retailer’s advertising campaign. Because of the cross-generational moment we are in, we decided to put PS4 and PS5 titles on the same list and put the latter on their behalf.
- Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War for 49.50 euros (previously 59.90 euros). It seems that Call of Duty is having a very sweet moment right now, thanks to Warzone, as well as the different and common modes that populate these titles. This is his last delivery, relatively new, and one that we can find during the promotion for a very good price.
- Demon’s Souls (PS5) for 61.90 euros (original price 74.90 euros). The BluePoint remake of one of the iconic PlayStation 3 titles was one of the most successful in the PS5’s first few weeks, a success that is ongoing, making it relatively difficult to watch at a lower price than usual. That’s why we wanted to highlight it here today.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5) for 47.36 euros (original price 54.90 euros). This direct sequel to Insomniac Games’ Spider-Man puts us in the position of Miles Morales to tell us a new version of his story. The PS4 version is also part of the MediaMarkt promotion for those who do not own the new Sony console.
- Resident Evil 3 Remake for 30 euros (original price 33.90 euros). The second of the new remake series that Capcom has prepared of this popular saga follows the same line of RE2 Remake to offer a whole new experience for the third original installment.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice for 30.91 euros (previously 34.99 euros). Even after its end, the GOTY from 2019 remains one of the most important titles of the previous generation, which is why it can hardly be seen for less than 35 euros, which is why we highlight it here.
- DualSense controller for PlayStation 5 for 57.84 euros (original price 69.99 euros). The PlayStation 5 controller is one of the console’s most unique claims, as well as one of the most interesting pieces of hardware on it. It’s difficult to find on sale and relatively hard to see in regular stock, so it seems like a very interesting addition to this list.
Video games and accessories for Xbox
Microsoft has a policy of full compatibility between its current and previous generation consoles, so there is no need to differentiate between editions. although the Xbox Series S may not benefit from the physical format we’re highlighting here.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla for 43.30 euros (previously 49.99 euros). The latest adventure in the famous assassin saga already appeared in our hunting bargains for a very similar price so we wanted to highlight it again …